(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 – The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Fair Goers Find $2.52M in Unclaimed Property at State and County Fairs and ... - Insurance News Net
- 75 People with Unclaimed Property in Southern Idaho - Twin Falls Times-News
- State returns $200 million in unclaimed property to owners - Orange Leader
- Grossman Announces Latest Release of Unclaimed Property Listings for ... - Insurance News Net
- Comptroller Susan Combs announces record $200 million returned to Texas ... - Longview News-Journal
- Record number of unclaimed property claims at state fair - The Lane Report
- Minnesota Department of Commerce holding $606M in unclaimed assets - Insurance News Net
- Packers, Brett Favre on unclaimed property list - WMTV
- Florida DFS Unclaimed Property Grab “Clearly Erroneous” - JD Supra (press release)
- Regulators' Unclaimed Property Position Again Rejected - Law360 (subscription)