(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 — The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Second leg of unclaimed property reform legislation passed by the Delaware ... - Lexology (registration)
- More than $41.7 million of Unclaimed Property returned to Missourians by State ... - The Missouri Times
- Community Digest: Find out if you have unclaimed money, property - Chicago Tribune
- The State Compendium of Unclaimed Property Practices - Credit.com News (blog)
- Couple Accused of Filing Bogus Claims for Unclaimed Property - WCTV
- Delaware Senate passes unclaimed property reform bill - Lexology (registration)
- State unclaimed property fund is Ponzi scheme, lawsuit alleges - Tulsa World
- Delaware Senate Makes More Changes to Unclaimed Property Law - Wall Street Journal (blog)
- Delaware Senate passes unclaimed property reforms - The News Journal
- Plains All American Takes on Delaware Over Unclaimed Property - Wall Street Journal (blog)