(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 — The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Connecticut's general fund gets $69 million boost from unclaimed property - Middletown Press
- Unclaimed property auction raises $1.5 million - WJXT Jacksonville
- Finding your forgotten money - USA TODAY
- Unclaimed property auction - WJXT Jacksonville
- Delaware Legislation Reduces Unclaimed Property Audit Frustrations But ... - Mondaq News Alerts (registration)
- State's unclaimed property auction set for Jacksonville this weekend - Florida Times-Union
- One in five may have unclaimed property - Grand Island Independent
- Unclaimed property auction set for this weekend in Jacksonville - WWSB ABC 7
- Unclaimed Property: Claim Your Cash Today - Huffington Post
- No need to pay to recover unclaimed property from state - Chicago Tribune