(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 – The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- State Treasurer warns of Unclaimed Property Scam - KWCH
- Lafayette area has $13.6 million in unclaimed property - Journal and Courier
- Ky. treasurer says suspicious unclaimed property mailers making rounds - WLKY Louisville
- Nebraska treasurer warns of unclaimed property scam - Beatrice Daily Sun
- Unclaimed Property Scam - kwbe
- Treasurer: Unclaimed property postcards are fake - KMTV
- State Treasurer Lynn Fitch presents $213000 unclaimed property check to ... - Mississippi Press (blog)
- Brandon man receives $213K unclaimed property check - Jackson Clarion Ledger
- State sued over unclaimed property audit - The News Journal
- Wisconsin's waiting list for unclaimed property is largest since 1990s - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel