(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 – The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Green Bay Packers, Brett Favre on unclaimed property list - TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
- State returns $84K in unclaimed property - KTBS
- You Could Find Unclaimed Financial Property at the Champlain Valley Fair - Insurance News Net
- Rich and famous on state's unclaimed property list - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Treasurer's Office has unclaimed financial property booth at the Champlain ... - vtdigger.org
- Is YOUR name on the “Unclaimed Property” list? Brett Favre's is! - fox6now.com
- Acadiana residents find $85000 in unclaimed property - The Daily Advertiser
- Unclaimed property program shift bad move - The Oshkosh Northwestern
- State owes $7B in unclaimed property to Californians - fox5sandiego.com
- Orlando woman receives $40K in unclaimed property auction - WFTV Orlando