(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 – The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Brandon man receives $213K unclaimed property check - Jackson Clarion Ledger
- Firm sues to derail state collection effort - The News Journal
- Online Auction of Unclaimed Property Begins Wednesday - Beartooth NBC
- Record number file for unclaimed property - Nevada Appeal
- Missourians should be wary of Unclaimed Property websites - South County Mail
- Wisconsin's wait list for unclaimed property is largest since 1990s - TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
- Promises, Promises: Scammers Target Student Loans, Unclaimed Property And ... - St. Louis Public Radio
- Wisconsin's waiting list for unclaimed property is largest since 1990s - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Nevada unclaimed property office receives record number of claims - The Record-Courier
- State treasurer finds owners of $40 million in unclaimed property - KSPR