(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 — The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Search for unclaimed property in Florida & find out how you can cash in on an ... - WPTV.com
- Broker-dealers face unique challenges under unclaimed property laws, says ... - Lexology (registration)
- Lost & Found: How Business Owners Should Handle Unclaimed Property - JD Supra (press release)
- Perdue Fights to Keep Unclaimed Property Fund Whole - WCHS
- Nebraska Treasurer Don Stenberg Leads National Association of Unclaimed ... - WOWT
- Hancock County Leads Northern Panhandle In Unclaimed Property - Wheeling Intelligencer
- $150 million in unclaimed property in NO area - WWL
- W.Va. Treasurer Irked by Governor Tapping Unclaimed Property Cash - West Virginia Public Broadcasting
- Corporate Close-Up: Second Delaware Corporation Challenges Unclaimed ... - Bloomberg BNA
- Bay's unclaimed property worth $8 million - The News Herald