(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 — The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Free money?! How to find and claim your family's unclaimed funds - Today.com
- Unclaimed property: a quick primer - The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)
- Find out if you have unclaimed property at the Nebraska State Fair - Omaha World-Herald
- $150K in unclaimed property returned at Baton Rouge event - KATC Lafayette News
- Unclaimed assets on the rise—are you missing money? - CNBC
- Comptroller Announces Record-Breaking Unclaimed Property Returns - EverythingLubbock.com
- New Version of Bloomberg BNA Tax Managment Portfolio Analyzes Trends in ... - CPAPracticeAdvisor.com
- Bloomberg BNA Updates Unclaimed Property Portfolio - Accounting Today
- Rep. Gifford has names of district residents with unclaimed property - Wicked Local Wareham
- Florida Unclaimed Property Auction Brings In $1.5M For Education Trust Fund - WJCT NEWS