(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 — The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- State agency collects unclaimed property - Kingsville Record
- Claim Your Assets this Year with Unclaimed Property Division - GoLocal Worcester
- Residents have $14 million in unclaimed property - Houma Courier
- La. unclaimed property program returns record-high $35.5M - Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
- Call our phone bank to collect your unclaimed cash - fox2now.com
- Treasurer seeks owners of $8 million in new unclaimed property - vtdigger.org
- Unclaimed Property -- The Check Is in the Mail - Huffington Post
- On the Trail of Lost Money - New York Times
- SD Unclaimed Property Fund Up To $65 Million - KELOLAND TV
- Go to This Site Right Now and Check If Someone Owes You Money - Slate Magazine (blog)