(Via submitted press release.)
MADISON, Wis., July 18 — The Wisconsin State Treasurer issued the following news release:
Starting today, Wisconsin residents who believe they are the beneficiaries of aPrudential Insurance Company policy will be able to search the unclaimed property database and see if they are owed any money. Late last week, Prudential Insurance turned over more than $1.5 million in one of several payments expected through the end of 2012.
Prudential revamped its unclaimed property reporting practices to better cross-reference its policy database with public death records.
”Prudential is doing the right thing by ensuring those who are owed death benefits receive that cash,” State Treasurer Kurt Schuller said.
Prudential is currently cross-referencing millions of names in databases to make sure death benefits are sent to Unclaimed Property Units in California,Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Washington, D.C. as well asWisconsin.
The Wisconsin State Treasury has received 1,078 names from Prudential and we have placed a PDF document and Excel spreadsheet with those names on our homepage, www.wismissingmoney.com. These documents will be updated at the same time our database is updated as Prudential continues to send more information to our office. Check www.wismissingmoney.com frequently.
- Nonprofit groups to get surprise checks from Vermont's unclaimed property fund - The Republic
- Illinois treasurer encourages people to check if they have unclaimed property ... - WREX-TV
- Treasurer McCord: Unclaimed Property Owed to Food Banks, Shelters, Charities ... - RealEstateRama (press release)
- Florida returns $900M in unclaimed property - Sun Sentinel
- $12 Million in Gift Cards Designated Unclaimed Property: Texas Comptroller - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- Delaware Unclaimed Property Task Force Makes Recommendations - PR Newswire (press release)
- Search is on for unclaimed property - Shreveport Times
- KENNEDY: Search For Unclaimed Property - The Hayride
- A trust for unclaimed property fund? Oklahoma treasurer's proposal worth a look - NewsOK.com
- Treasurer calls for unclaimed property trust fund - KSWO