Discovered Money is now in the process of mapping unclaimed property data of various cities in the state of California. Click on the city to visually explore the unclaimed property data for that particular city. If no link exists, the page is under construction. We are seeking to locate and notify the individuals listed at each claim marker which is not always the current property owner. If you find someone you know on the map, please notify us via e-mail at email@example.com. Don’t forget to spread the word via Twitter and Facebook!
How to use these maps:
1. Click on a city in the table below to open the Google street map. (A different browser window/tab opens automatically.)
2. Explore the city full of placemarkers (colored dots) for people and places you know: your home address, your friends, family members, ancestors, employers, non-profit organizations you support, schools and much more.
3. Notify us that you found someone you know at firstname.lastname@example.org. (We’re keeping track of the people we assist!) Then, visit this website and fill out the claim forms with the State of California. (We can assist with filling out your claim forms.) Once the claim form is received and processed, the State will send you a check for the claim amount with no strings attached!
*** TIP: Although you should check your current neighborhood for claims, you are more likely to find a successful claim if you check all of your past addresses.
Legend for all maps: Red = $500 claim or less; Yellow = Between $500 and $2,500; Green = Between $2,500 and $10,000; Purple = Over $10,000.
|County||Records Mapped||Total Unclaimed
Average claim size
|Beverly Hills||Los Angeles||5,663||$2,806,085||$ 495.51|
|Hollywood, incl. West & North Hollywood||Los Angeles||6,939||$2,259,510||$ 325.62|
|Irvine||Orange||67,524||$23.8 Mil+||$ 352.56|
|Lake Forest (2016 update)||Orange||33,393||$7 Mil+||$ 209.50|
|Palm Springs||Riverside||1,870||$607,711||$ 324.98|
* We are only able to map a portion of the total records for each city. See disclaimers below.
Other maps coming soon include:
- San Diego, CA San Bernardino, CA
- Sacramento, CA Santa Ana, CA
- Stockton, CA Santa Barbara, CA
- Many, many more!
Please explore these maps with the following disclaimers in mind:
- Reminder: We are seeking to locate and notify the individuals listed at each claim marker which is not always the current property owner.
- The addresses presented on the map may be outdated in terms of the unclaimed property owner listed at each address.
- The mapped unclaimed property data is current through May 15, 2011. The cash or stock may have already been claimed by the rightful owner/heir.
- There are thousands of listings that can not be mapped because the addresses can not be marked on a map. (i.e. Post Office boxes, Rural Routes, unknown addresses, misspellings, apartment numbers, and much more) We highly recommend that you conduct your own searches annually at the county and state unclaimed property divisions to ensure you’ve checked all outlets for your possible claims.
- Although rare, Google Maps does not always place the marker in the correct location for the address listed.
- We reserve the right to remove markers at any time based on up-to-date data received from the Controller of the State of California and requests from individuals listed on the map. We will not be held accountable or liable for any errors or omissions shown on our maps. The state’s website has all final authority over all claims listed.