- Find those who have Unclaimed Property (usually held by their state government)
- Inform them that they have been “Discovered”
- Help them obtain their Unclaimed Property
We DON’T charge any fees and are currently staffed by volunteers. Of course, we do accept donations to help further the tax-exempt mission of Discovered Money.
Don’t pay someone to perform a search— we do it for FREE!
Learn more about our unclaimed property outreach programs here.
We also dedicate our time to unclaimed property advocacy:
- Our volunteers advocate for the citizens who are unaware they are listed in unclaimed property databases.
- We publicize and share all of the important legislative updates in this industry.
- We strive for fair and equitable treatment of the lost money nationwide; during the safekeeping term, every unclaimed money fund should earn interest for the rightful owners.
- We support the “open government” principle: this encourages information and data transparency by local, state and federal governments.
- We support the “open data” movement: all unclaimed property data should be freely and publicly released in a format that is easy to share with the masses.
25422 Trabuco Rd., Suite 105202
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Telephone: (949) 216-0499
Tags: free money, unclaimed money, unclaimed funds, find unclaimed money, lost money, cash unclaimed, lost cash, unclaimed property funds, unclaimedmoney
- Unclaimed property program shift bad move - The Oshkosh Northwestern
- Stenberg encourages State Fair goers to visit unclaimed property booth - Beatrice Daily Sun
- Florida DFS Unclaimed Property Grab “Clearly Erroneous” - JD Supra (press release)
- Treasury and Acadiana Mall to Host Unclaimed Property Event - Insurance News Net
- State owes $7B in unclaimed property to Californians - fox5sandiego.com
- Louisiana Treasury holding unclaimed property event at Acadiana Mall - KATC Lafayette News
- Fla. earns $1.3 million from unclaimed property - WCTV
- Going, going, gone! Unclaimed-property auction nets $1.3M - Orlando Sentinel
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP | Florida DFS Unclaimed Property Grab “Clearly ... - Linex Legal (press release) (registration)
- NJ Unclaimed Property Returns Returns Record $125 Million during FY2014 - Atlantic Highlands Herald